Alleys is a new 3D adventure game developed by THEMEr. The scenery takes place in an empty theme park and you need to find four special keys in order to escape. All you need to do is to search for passageways, collect resources, and dive into the stylish graphics and warm atmosphere of the game. You can choose to go wherever you want and you can solve puzzles in any order you like to find the final escape. The player decides freely on how to use the keys and other collected resources in the game. Your decisions will affect the difficulty of the game and that’s a pretty important change for the escape genre, where you often must do things according to a predetermined order.
Alleys is a considerably large-scale escape game and the player is a tourist who has decided to take part in the escape experience. Wander through a fictional old English-style town, collect resources, solve puzzles, and overcome obstacles to eventually discover the backstory throughout the alleys. The gameplay is simple, with few of the complicated elements found often in puzzle escape games. The controls are very simple, as you just swipe and tap to move easily around and interact with different items within. Mostly, much of the game is just about looking carefully through different scattered things for keys and other essential resources. In the end, after finding the exit door you can escape and terminate the game successfully. As its title suggests, this game is all about finding your way through complicated blind alleys, buildings and rooms. Accumulate points by getting the check-in stations between new locations while keeping in mind that certain areas require a specific number of points to enter.
Tips & Tricks to consider:
- Zoom in on things and pan the camera around to find keys and tool cards. They are easy to miss if you’re not paying close attention. Search everywhere at anytime!
- This game has an inventory, but instead of carrying around object in your bag like a ladder, you have Tool Cards which act the same way as inventory items, but they look just like cards. Unlike most adventure games, you can’t just walk around and try to use them on things. Instead, when you tap on a door or object, the game will either tell you you don’t have the right tool for the job, or it will open your inventory automatically and ask you to pick the right card.
- You can climb up ladders.Don’t be very surprised when you climb up the first one. Be observant and don’t ignore anything.
- Make sure to check in at every new place you encounter. Check-in points are needed to unlock certain areas, so you need to accumulate them.
- Don’t worry about spending your keys and running out. The game always has enough lying around as long as you’re careful. You can’t get truly stuck because you spent your keys on a chest instead of a door. If you won’t have enough keys, just keep exploring.
- The game keeps a list of goals for you. But you should also make a list for yourself, concerning the locked doors and other inaccessible areas you’ve passed by and what’s needed to open them.
- You’ll eventually get a map that maybe it will help you.
If you get stuck in the game check out the following video walkthrough and gameplay for the game:
Click the following icon to download the game on iOS for the price of $4.99: